We are so excited to have created the Doss Blockos Polished Man Team to help raise awareness and over $50,000 for Polished Man in 2018!
Polished Man is an organisation that seeks to end violence against children globally through supporting those impacted by violence, or those at risk of being victims of violence. Being part of the campaign means painting one fingernail blue to represent the one in five children that are a victim of violence around the world. That blue fingernail starts conversations that drive awareness and raises funds.
As well as our fingernails, we’ve painted our Doss Blockos brown paper bags blue to raise awareness for the cause…all in the name of starting conversations that drive donations for Polished Man.
Our involvement in 2018 all started with a bet! Ten years ago the owners of Doss Blockos raised enough money to help YGAP build a school in Bangladesh. This year the YGAP Team (the company behind Polished Man) challenged us, they said, “Why don’t you make it bigger than just you guys and get the entire hospo community onboard to raise money and awareness towards Polished Man campaign”…
And that’s where Australia’s hospo community pitched in. By joining our Doss Blockos Polished Man Team, bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants around the country became part of a positive movement within Australia’s liquor/hospitality industry. We’ve been standing together to start conversations with our friends, family and colleagues that’ll help make a difference in the world. Along with doing a great thing by raising money and awareness for this great cause, our Doss Blockos Polished Man team members could also win a trip of a lifetime…We had six spots to give away to join us in NYC for a Doss Blockos pilgrimage and a visit to the New York Center for Children (a beneficiary of Polished Man)…the lucky winners that joined us hailed from…
• Beer & Burger Bar, Richmond VIC: http://tbbl.com.au/
• Pegleg, Pyrmont NSW: http://www.peglegpyrmont.com.au/
• Pocket Group (inc. Crooked Tailor, Mister Pocket, Pocket Bar, Stitch Bar, Button Bar), NSW: http://www.houseofpocket.com.au/
• La La Land, Melbourne VIC: https://www.lalaland.com.au/melbourne/
• Commune Group (inc. Neptune Food & Wine, Impala, Alter Dining, Hanoi Hannah, Tokyo Tina) VIC: http://communegroup.com.au/
• Francesca’s Bar, Northcote VIC: http://www.francescasbar.com.au/
• Special Mention to The Emerson in South Yarra that couldn’t make the trip: https://www.theemerson.com.au/
A huge thank you to everyone that donated time, effort, stock and money to make the Doss Blockos Polished Man campaign a success. We’re looking forward to an even bigger 2019!
Cheers from East 9th Brewing